Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My First Gluten Free Dinner

I got inspired yesterday to make my first home cooked gluten free meal. I was very undecided about what I wanted to make myself since I was so hungry at the time. But then I got inspired from when I had my CSA share back in Oregon. I made this wonderful dish with green beans, potato's and onions plus what ever I had on hand.

Source

The reason why this idea come up was my mom had some fresh green beans in the fridge that she wanted me to eat. Not only that she had fresh green beans, she went to the farmer's market and got quite a few things: local organic green onions, local organic cilantro, local organic salad mix and local portobello mushrooms.


The wonderful dish.


With all those wonderful ingredients minus the salad mix and cilantro , plus adding in a little red onion. I come up with a wonderful dish that was so fricking good, I wish that there was more when I made it. The dish had no oil of any type unless it was in the Dijon mustard that I had used. Which brings me to what I used to create a marinade made of maple syrup and Dijon mustard with a dash of pepper.

My wonderful dish.


I wish I could give you guys that recipe but it was made off the tip of my knife , I will try to recreate the recipe again. So that you too can enjoy this wonderful dish, have you ever made a gluten free meal?

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious!  Sometimes the best meals are ones created without a recipe. 

    ReplyDelete