This is my favorite stir fry , I have made in the past year or so. This is a very simple & easy stir fry in my opinion, I made enough for about 1-2 people depending on how much you eat.
Bok Choy Stir Fry:
- 1 medium size Bok Choy, sliced greens leafs and chop the white stem about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup of Shitiake Mushrooms , sliced
- 1/4 cup of Broccoli
- 1/4 cup of Green onion , chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of white onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of finely chopped ginger
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- Almost 2 Tablespoons of Earth Balance Coconut Butter
- A dash of red chili pepper flakes
- A handful of pumpkin seeds (optional)
Place wok on the stove on a low setting , and add in 1 Tablespoon of the coconut butter into the wok; then add in the white parts of bok choy. Turn up the stove to high for about 2 minutes , then add in the onion , green onion, and Shitiake mushrooms cook for about 3 minutes or so. After the 3 minutes add in the remaining coconut butter , and broccoli; let the coconut butter melt once it's melted. Add in the garlic, ginger & red chili pepper flakes. Cook everything for about 2 minutes or so , make sure that your stirring everything while cooking. Add in the bok choy leafs & pumpkin seeds ; cook for about 5 minutes on high heat.
Serve over your favorite type of rice, I used white rice for this recipe but anything will work.
Have you ever made a Bok Choy stir fry yourself?